Each unique Medical Doctorate (MD) project is carried out over a minimum of two years and a maximum of four years (full-time).
Within this time you will be guided through your research project with the support of your supervisors and the RCSI School of Postgraduate Studies.
Develop your skills as a researcher at RCSI
You will have a range of resources, research development opportunities and training at your disposal during your MD, including:
- Four core modules as part of our Professional Certificate in Research Practice
- Access to the Vitae Researcher Development Framework, which allows you to map your competencies, identify areas for improvement and develop transferable skills
- International placements – we have a competitive award for those without funding who can apply for three-month international secondment award (RCSI-funded).
- Dissemination of your research. The perfect starting point for this is our annual Research Day; apply for a poster or oral presentation and practice key presenting and communication skills.
- Dedicated write-up space in our Postgraduate Suite in our new Library.