Rankings and reputation
As a testament of our mission to educate, nurture and discover for the benefit of human health, RCSI University of Medicine and Health Sciences frequently ranks highly amongst the top universities in the world for our education, research and societal impact.
- Ranked number one in the world for SDG3 ‘Good Health and Well-being’ in THE University Impact Rankings 2023.
- Voted Irish University of the Year 2022 for Student Engagement by The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022.
- RCSI, and a number of our Schools and departments, have received the Athena Swan Bronze Award for good practices in the advancement of gender equality and representation in higher education.
- The RCSI School of Medicine named joint winner of the 2022 ASPIRE- to Excellence Award for Student Engagement.
- Honoured to receive the Best Green Campus Award at the Irish Education Awards 2022.
- Ranked 251-300th in the Times Higher World University Ranking 2024.
Accreditations and memberships at RCSI
In addition to our work with the Athena SWAN initiative, the University is accredited by the Irish Business and Employers Confederation (Ibec) for workplace well-being. Nationally, our education programmes are aligned to the National Framework of Qualifications and accredited by Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI). Our professional degrees are regulated by the Irish Medical Council, CORU (Regulator for Health and Social Care Professionals), the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI) and the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland (PSI).
Collaborating with the global healthcare and higher education sector is a core pillar of our vision to lead the world to better health. International memberships and alliances that help us to achieve this include Scholars at Risk, the G4 Alliance, Erasmus+, the European Universities Association (EUA) and the Association of Medical Schools in Europe.
We are also signatories and active participants in the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Accord that aims to inspire, celebrate and advance the critical role that education has in realising a more sustainable future.