Distinguished Graduate Award
Established in 1988 by the Association of Medical and Dental Graduates (during the Presidency of Mr Peter McLean FRCSI), the Distinguished Graduate Award honours a medical or dental graduate of RCSI who has made an outstanding contribution to the improvement of healthcare through education, research, humanitarian aid or patient care.
The President and Committee of the Association of Medical and Dental Graduates, RCSI invite nominations for the Distinguished Graduate Award in 2021.
If you would like to nominate a suitable graduate, please contact the President or Honorary Secretary of the Association or contact a Committee member who will forward the nomination.
The Committee of the Association of Medical and Dental Graduates will carefully consider all nominations. The closing date for nominations is Friday, 22 January 2021.
President: Dr Antonia Lehane
Acting Honorary Secretary: Dr Maura Briscoe
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (01) 840 7430
- 2020: Prof. Moira O'Brien FRCPI, FFSEM (RCPI & RCSI)
- 2019: Dr Kate Coleman
- 2018: Dr Helen Towers
- 2010: Mr Peter McLean (posthumously)
- 2009: Prof. Lord Ara Darzi FRCSI
- 2008: Prof. Eoin T. O’Brien
- 2006: Mr Hy Browne
- 2002: Dr J. Vincent Coyle
- 1996: Prof. W.A.L. MacGowan FRCSI
- 1995: Dr Jack Preger
- 1994: Mr Desmond Kneafsey FRCSI
- 1992: Dr Fergal Nally
- 1991: Mr John McAuliffe Curtin FRCSI
- 1990: Dr Victoria Coffey
- 1989: Dr Harry O’Flanagan
- 1988: Dr Pat O’Callaghan