To be eligible for this programme you must:
- Have a minimum of an honours primary degree in nursing or equivalent.
- Hold active registration on a division of the professional register maintained by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI).
- Have three years’ recent post-registration clinical experience in nursing/midwifery (within the past five years), with the equivalent of one-year full time experience in the specific area of practice. This aligns with the standards and requirements for nurses and midwives with prescriptive authority of medicinal products (2010).
- Provide evidence of support from an employer and a completed Site Declaration Form (Advanced Practice Nursing Site Declaration Form All Applicants), signed by the Director of Nursing/Public Health/authorised nurse manager. This must contain confirmation of a designated medical practitioner mentor and/or ANP mentor.
- Possess competencies at Level 8 of the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development.
- Possess a competent level of information technology literacy.
- Be currently employed as a nurse or midwife in the voluntary and statutory services of the Health Service Executive or a private health service organisation.
*If you do not hold a level 8 qualification, you may still be eligible to join the programme through our pathway programme, please contact us for further information on this route.