Specialist knowledge and skills are an essential component in the multidisciplinary management of oncology patients. This fully accredited one-year part-time programme in Cancer Nursing – delivered in partnership with Beaumont Hospital – is for nurses working in an oncology setting, to help develop their clinical knowledge, judgement and practice to an advanced level.
This programme will provide you with the skills and knowledge to critically:
- Discuss and demonstrate advanced decision-making skills relating to leadership and management in the cancer setting.
- Evaluate and utilise advanced knowledge and critical thinking skills relating to the nursing management of the major cancer diseases and side effects.
- Discuss and demonstrate advanced clinical decision-making skills to manage patient caseload incorporating nursing interventions and psychosocial aspects.
- Discuss and evaluate the nurses role in education and dissemination of knowledge to patients/relatives/staff.
- Evaluate the role of the nurse in the primary and secondary prevention of cancer disease incorporating best evidence based practice.
- Evaluate and utilise advanced knowledge and critical thinking skills relating to the path physiology/epidemiology/genetic and other risk factors associated with cancer.