Specialist knowledge and skills are an essential component in the multidisciplinary management of oncology patients. This fully accredited one-year part-time programme in Cancer Nursing – delivered in partnership with Beaumont Hospital – is for nurses working in an oncology setting, to help develop their clinical knowledge, judgement and practice to an advanced level.
Course code: C10101
This programme will provide you with the skills and knowledge to critically:
- Discuss and demonstrate advanced decision-making skills relating to leadership and management in the cancer setting.
- Evaluate and utilise advanced knowledge and critical thinking skills relating to the nursing management of the major cancer diseases and side effects.
- Discuss and demonstrate advanced clinical decision-making skills to manage patient caseload incorporating nursing interventions and psychosocial aspects.
- Discuss and evaluate the nurses role in education and dissemination of knowledge to patients/relatives/staff.
- Evaluate the role of the nurse in the primary and secondary prevention of cancer disease incorporating best evidence based practice.
- Evaluate and utilise advanced knowledge and critical thinking skills relating to the path physiology/epidemiology/genetic and other risk factors associated with cancer.