The Postgraduate Diploma in Coronary Care Nursing programme is designed to equip students with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to provide evidenced-based, quality care in today's challenging healthcare environment.
This fully accredited one-year part-time programme – delivered in partnership with Beaumont Hospital – is designed to allow students explore a range of clinical and theoretical issues, aiming to produce knowledgeable skilled and reflective nurses with the ability to function as team leaders and act as a clinical resource to peers.
Course code: C10641
This programme will provide you with the skills and knowledge to critically:
- Discuss the epidemiology/pathophysiology of chronic heart failure and the development of the clinical nurse specialist role.
- Evaluate and demonstrate the holistic assessment of the patient, presenting with heart failure.
- Explore the physiologic adaptive responses of patients to critical illness.
- Evaluate the relationship between cardiac disease and other body systems.
- Discuss the cardiac anatomy and physiology and explore the aetiology and pathophysiology of CVD, epidemiology and associated risk factors of CVD.
- Evaluate and demonstrate the holistic assessment of the patient, presenting with CVD.