Delivered in partnership with Beaumont Hospital, the one-year part-time Postgraduate Diploma in Critical Care Nursing offers you the opportunity to enhance your knowledge, experience and clinical expertise in the challenging and dynamic environment that is critical care.
The role of the nurse as clinician, patient advocate, researcher, educator and innovator are all developed to meet the multiple and complex needs of the patient with critical illness.
Course details: C10631
This programme will provide you with the skills and knowledge to critically:
- Discuss, evaluate and demonstrate the management of patients who require advanced cardiac life support.
- Evaluate the inter facility and inter/intra hospital transportation of critically ill patients.
- Evaluate and demonstrate the holistic assessment of the patient presenting with organ failure
- Explore the aetiology and path physiology of organ failure in critical illness
- Evaluate and demonstrate nursing practice and interventions in the management of critically ill patients.
- Evaluate the nursing management of critically ill patients post major surgery.