The Postgraduate Diploma in Emergency Nursing – delivered in partnership with Beaumont Hospital – offers you the opportunity to work and learn in a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
As a student on this fully accredited one-year part-time programme, you will gain experience of caring for patients with a variety of complex needs and have the opportunity to work alongside our ANPs in services such as Rapid Access Treatment Service (RATS), Minor Assessment Treatment (MATU) and chest pain.
In addition, as Beaumont Hospital is a national referral centre, you will also gain knowledge and experience in caring for patients with specialist needs such as neurosurgery, neurology (interventional radiology), ENT, renal, vascular and urology, and have ample opportunity to learn from experts in these fields.
This programme will provide you with the skills and knowledge to critically:
- Evaluate the holistic assessment of the patient and family who present to the emergency department (ED) in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Explore the nursing management of patients with acute psychiatric disorders and alcohol related illness in the ED.
- Discuss the ongoing management and nursing interventions of patients with specific acute surgical illness.
- Evaluate the role of the nurse and the MDT in the provision of advanced trauma life support.
- Evaluate the nursing management of patients with medical and cardiac illness.
- Evaluate the role of the nurse in the management of patients who require advanced airway management and advanced cardiac life support.