To be eligible for the programme you must:
- Be registered as a nurse or midwife on the Active Register of An Bord Altranais.
- currently be employed as a nurse or midwife.
- Have a minimum of three years post-registration clinical experience (within the past five years) with at least one year in the area in which prescribing is proposed.
- Have competencies recognised at Level 8 of the NQAI Framework.
- Demonstrate continuous professional development and the ability to study at Level 8.
- Have the support of your employer to undertake programme.
- Have the nomination and confirmation of a designated medical practitioner mentor.