Alumni volunteer programme
Volunteering is a very rewarding and fulfilling experience. Not only does it provide an opportunity to help others, but it can help volunteers to further develop their own skillsets.
Alumni who dedicate their time and expertise in support of their alma mater offer a wide range of practical benefits for students. As RCSI alumni, some of the benefits of volunteering include:
- Developing and practicing your personal leadership style
- Enhancing your communication skills
- Staying abreast of new practices and approaches within healthcare
- Strengthening your own expertise, knowledge and skills
- Exercising emotional intelligence and creativity
- Extending your professional/community network
- Shaping the healthcare leaders of tomorrow
- Online mentoring
- Guest speaking
- Champion Clinical Electives for RCSI students within your organisation
- Offer Clinical Electives to RCSI students
- Join career focus groups
- Organise Alumni Events
- Contribute to Alumni Communications
- Speak at Alumni events
- Advise early-career alumni
- Share your story with students
- Attend Open Days
- Meet and greet new students
- Create content for social media
- Participate in research
- Participate in surveys
Our volunteer impact in numbers
- 123 alumni registered as online mentors for the academic year 2020/21
- 118 alumni volunteered to welcome new students as part of the 2020 #RCSIwelcome campaign
- Over 40 alumni spoke and presented at workshops and career talks for students in the first six months of 2021
We are currently recruiting alumni to participate as Student Mentors, Alumni Ambassadors, Storytellers and Micro Volunteers for the academic year 2021/22.
How to register
There are many ways to get involved in a way that suit your interests and availability.
Becoming part of the Alumni volunteer programme is a very straightforward and user-friendly process.
If you would like to volunteer for existing opportunities or or would like to hear from us about new roles as they develop, you can register your interest below.