Applicants must hold a level 8 Health Science or science-related degree with a minimum classification 2.2 award or equivalent qualification.
The MSc in Physician Associate Studies is a postgraduate qualification that includes extensive clinical placement. To be eligible for acceptance to and continuation on the programme, you must hold either a current valid EU passport or a current valid visa which entitles you to work in Ireland.
Failure to maintain either your EU passport or valid work visa during the programme would render you ineligible to remain on the programme.
As part of the selection process applicants are required to submit the following supporting documentation:
- Copy of your passport, showing personal details.
- Personal statement of no more than 1,000 words outlining why you are interested in pursuing a career as a physician associate and why you feel your application has merit.
- Two reference letters, one of which must be an academic reference. Reference letters can be uploaded with your application, or sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by the referee.
- Certified, or stamped copy of academic transcripts (or interim transcripts).
- CV outlining your education qualifications and work experience.
- Copy of an academic IELTS examination or equivalent with an overall score of 7.0 and no individual band below 6.5 (for candidates whose first language is not English). This certificate must be issued with at least two years validity.
- You may also send any additional information that you feel is relevant to your application.
In addition, candidates must be available for interview. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that all students must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated.