While every effort has been made to keep costs at a minimum, there will be some additional costs incurred during the first year, namely:
- White coat for anatomy lab: €30
- White coat for clinical rotations: €30
- Good quality stethoscope: €40–60
- Vaccination programme flat fee: €280 (payable regardless of vaccines required. Some vaccines incur an additional cost to the flat fee)
- Supplemental exam fees: Should you be required to sit a supplemental exam/s you will incur an additional administration cost. The cost will be determined by the number of supplemental exams you are required to take.
Some private institutions have provided scholarships for students in the past. This is reviewed each year and candidates will be notified if these become available.
To be eligible, applicants must first apply to and be accepted by RCSI to the programme. Successful candidates are then eligible to apply directly to the sponsor for all or any of the scholarship options available.
Terms and conditions, as defined by the sponsor, apply to each of the scholarships. On graduation, successful applicants must be willing to work as a PA in any of the clinical locations operated by the scholarship sponsors.
View our Postgraduate fees policy.