Training and education
The RCSI EDI unit offers a number of training and education programmes for both staff and students. Including:
- Access: We offer access training to staff and students aimed at supporting those with physical disabilities
- Bystander intervention and consent training: As part of the ending sexual violence, supporting survivors and promoting consent programme in RCSI, we provide bystander intervention, disclosure and consent training to staff and students.
- Cultural competency: This online training is available to staff and students to promote a shared understanding of what we mean by cultural competence and why we want to champion and foster culture and diversity in the University.
- Irish sign language (ISL): In 2018, RCSI established an 'Introduction to Sign Language' course for staff through the Irish Deaf Society.
- LEAD: In 2021 RCSI will join seven universities across Ireland to offer a dedicated online LEAD training programme.
- Neurodiversity training: We offer autism awareness training to all staff and students in partnership with AsIAm.
- Race equality: In 2021, RCSI will launch a new race equality training programme.
- Staff induction: All staff receive an EDI briefing as part of the monthly staff induction process.
- Unconscious bias: We offer online unconscious bias and classroom-based unconscious bias training to all staff.
- Trans 101: RCSI provides Trans 101 training to staff and students in partnership with the Transgender Equality Network Ireland (TENI).