At RCSI, our people are our greatest asset and we attribute our success to the remarkable academic, research and professional employees that keep us at the forefront of medical education.
We hire people who are ambitious, passionate and enthusiastic. We look for excellent clinicians, inspiring academics, active researchers and driven professionals.
Our mission and values
Our mission is to 'Educate, nurture and discover for the benefit of human health'.
Our ultimate purpose is to work in service of patients; a deep professional responsibility to enhance human health through endeavour, innovation and collaboration in education, research and service informs all that we do.
RCSI is an independent, not-for-profit university which remains committed to institutional independence, service, academic freedom, diversity and humanitarian concern. Our independence enables us to chart our own course in service of excellence in human health.
We are committed to a culture of respect for all who engage with RCSI, including patients, students, staff and the public.
We promote a nurturing, collegial and inclusive community that values collaboration and development.
We provide a stimulating and challenging environment that promotes excellence in learning and teaching, research and service.
We promote a culture of creativity and curiosity to transform ideas into solutions through discovery and entrepreneurship.
Everyone in RCSI serves our mission and plays a role in building a high performing organisation and culture. Together, we work to:
- Develop best-in-class systems to support and engage staff, enhance leadership and management capability, and support organisational development.
- Support a culture that advances our goals by building on our values and our aim to equip students for personal and professional success.
- Continue to implement our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Policy and Action Plan
- Advance race equality for our staff, students and the wider community through our Race Equality Action Plan
- Address the issues highlighted in our 2023 Gender Pay Gap Report – view the 2022 report here.
In addition to our city centre campus and world-class facilities, there are a wide range of excellent benefits available to our employees, including:
- Onsite gym
- Discounted services, including GP
- Support for parents and carers
- Pension scheme
- Learning and development
- Sports and social club
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
"Coming back to RCSI, my alma mater as a faculty member is a huge privilege for me. I’m delighted to be part of an institution that is working towards the betterment of society through the scholarship of teaching and cutting-edge research."