Please note the following documents are required for all applications:
- Certified copies of all academic transcripts and certificates from high school (Grades 10, 11 and 12 to date) and university (if applicable)
- Certificate of English language proficiency, i.e. IELTS or TOEFL
- Copy of passport showing name, nationality, date of birth and photograph page
- Copy of CPR card/GCC identity card (if applicable)
- Academic Reference Form completed by your most recent school/university. To print, please click here
- Personal Statement addressing the applicant's interest in and motivation for a career in medicine
The purpose of the personal statement is to provide the Admissions Committee with an insight into the applicant, the applicant's motivations and their suitability for a career in medicine. The applicant should consider explaining the activities they have undertaken in preparing themselves for such a career. Please note that this submission should be your own work and not that of anyone else. If any plagiarism is detected in an applicant's personal statement, the applicant will no longer be considered for admission to the University.
These documents must be uploaded during the online application process (incomplete applications cannot be processed by the Admissions Team).
Upon successful completion, each application will be reviewed by our Admissions team. If successful, applicants will be invited for interview at the University. The interview will be conducted by senior members of staff and will aim to assess the applicant's communication skills, maturity, motivation and suitability for a career in medicine. Following attendance at interview, the Admissions Committee will consider each application in full and decide on one of the following outcomes:
- Issue an offer in full
- Issue a conditional offer - i.e. offer subject to the achievement of specified conditions
- Inform the candidate that they have not been successful and invite them to apply for other programmes
Please note that a non-refundable application fee of US$100 / BD40 is applicable at the final stage of the online application and is payable by credit card, or by cash when the applicant presents for interview.