RCSI Bahrain established a Research Committee in 2007 with the general remit of encouraging research within the University and oversee research activity.
- Oversee structures, resources and procedures aimed at promoting world-class research at RCSI Bahrain
- Encourage student research and oversee student applications for summer research grants.
- Publicise RCSI Bahrain research through communications and other mechanisms.
- Organise an annual Research Day to publicise and encourage research at RCSI Bahrain.
- Prepare an annual report.
Membership of the Committee comprises:
- Chairman – Head of School of Postgraduate Studies and Research
- Academic staff representatives with representation from the school of medicine and the school of nursing and midwifery
- Member of Finance Department
- Learning Resource Centre representative
- Student representative
- Representative of research laboratory
- Up to three additional persons may be co-opted from time to time by the committee to assist in its work
- The Research Officer will be in attendance and take responsibility for the following remit: Convenor and Secretariat.