Privacy and Data Protection Statement
- Who we are
- Why we process your data, the lawful basis for processing your data and with whom we share it
- For people who engage with the institution, students, staff and researchers in a professional capacity through attendance at events and meetings nationally/internationally or those who collaborate for education, research and service, we process data:
- to send frequent engagement newsletters, greeting cards or other RCSI Bahrain corporate materials.
- For our prospective students, we process data:
- in order to promote RCSI Bahrain Undergraduate/Postgraduate courses, open evenings, open days and other related RCSI Bahrain outreach activities
- to provide you with updates and notifications to which you have subscribed
- For job applicants to RCSI Bahrain, we process data:
- to conduct recruitment in an orderly, efficient and accountable manner
- to deliver recruitment services in a consistent and equitable manner
- to facilitate the efficient handling of enquiries concerning recruitment records
- to meet legislative and regulatory requirements, including archival, data access requests, audit, and oversight activities
- to ensure that adequate records are kept of all recruitment activities
- Transfers of data outside Bahrain
- Your rights relating to personal data
- right to access the data - you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- right to rectification - you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- right to erasure - you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- right to restriction of processing or to object to processing - you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- Requirement to process personal data
- Automated decision-making and profiling
We are the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland – Medical University of Bahrain SPC (RCSI Bahrain), PO Box 15503, Adliya, Kingdom of Bahrain. You can contact us at this address by post or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our data protection officer may be contacted by email at email@example.com
RCSI Bahrain is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information and this policy explains why we collect your information, how we process this information and your rights in relation to this information.
The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in the administration and operation of academic, research and commercial activities along with our legitimate interest in marketing and promoting RCSI Bahrain’s academic and research offering. We always include an unsubscribe button in our communications so you can opt out of receiving such communications at any time. RCSI Bahrian commits to not processing your personal data where these legitimate interests are overridden by your own interests.
The legal basis for this processing is processing necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests of RCSI Bahrain in recruiting new staff. Please see the privacy notice in the job advertisement for further information about how we process applicant data.
We may share the information you provide in your application with our contracted recruiter in order to make a shortlist of candidates. This recruiter is not permitted to use this data other than on our behalf. We may also send you emails about your application through our email service provider.
We will retain this data for the period of time and as per the rationale documented in our Retention Policy.
If we transfer personal data relating to our academic and/or research endeavours to a service provider located in a country outside Bahrain, we shall safeguard the transfer of this personal data by ensuring that we have standard contractual clauses in place with the provider.
You have the following rights under the Bahrain Personal Data Protection Law (Law no 30 of 2018) , in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in writing. If we are processing personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its withdrawal.
If you are unhappy with how we process personal data, we ask you to contact us so that we can rectify the situation.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law
You may lodge a complaint with the Bahrain Personal Data Privacy supervisory authority which is the Ministry of Justice and Islamic Affairs (https://www.moj.gov.bh/en/home).
You may browse our website without providing us with any personal data and this will not affect your ability to view our website.
If you do not provide us with your information for the purposes described above, we cannot send you our newsletter, respond to your queries sent through our contact us form, liaise with you on RCSI Bahrain or assess your potential suitability for a role within RCSI Bahrain.
We do not use any personal data for the purpose of automated decision-making or profiling.
RCSI Bahrain collects information about all visitors to our website for the purpose of producing statistical reports of online traffic to identify how we can optimise our website. Every data file contains the following information.
- The referring website from which you came when visiting us
- The IP address
- Time and date of website access
- User agent (browser)
- HTTP code (secure channel or standard channel)
- Bytes served
- Information on browser and operating system that you used at the time of accessing the site
Information on internet traffic is collected routinely by RCSI Bahrain and by its service providers. This information is used to ensure the smooth operation of the RCSI Bahrain website and for statistical or administrative purposes. It is not used to gather identifiable personal information on individual website visitors, except in so far as this is permitted by law and may be necessary in order to prevent or detect problems or offences in relation to the operation of the website. It is stored and used in the aggregate only and is not used to identify individuals or to contact you personally.
Adequate organisational and technical security measures, which are reviewed on a regular basis, are taken to ensure the security of your personal information.
Any queries or concerns you may have about the processing of personal information on this website should be addressed to:
Data Protection Officer
PO Box 15503
Kingdom of Bahrain