Borrowing and Renewing
Borrowing services are available to RCSI Bahrain students and staff.
The library’s online collections are complemented by an extensive print collection with bookshelves now open and accessible to patrons.
Students and staff can log in to their Primo account to access a wider range of key textbooks (print and online), journals (print and online) and databases to support learning, teaching and research.
Your Library account
Use your Primo account to:
- Search for a title/journal etc.
- Send a book request.
- See what you have on loan (books, resources etc.).
- See if you have any fines on your account.
- Check on books that need to be returned.
- View your saved searches and lists of favourite items.
Login to your Library account
Login to Primo account using your network username (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password. Queries can be emailed to email@example.com.
- You can only borrow with the presentation of a valid ID card.
- You are responsible for all items borrowed in your name until they have been returned to the library and the loan record has been cancelled.
- If you lose a book, or if it is damaged, you will be charged for its replacement.
- Course Reserve and Reference only materials should be used within the library.
- Items in high demand may be recalled from you. If an item is recalled the due date will be adjusted.
- You may not borrow or renew books if there is an existing overdue fine on your Library account.
Loan quotas and lending period
|Undergraduate Students||13 items||2 weeks||Each loan is renewable x 2|
|Postgraduate Students||5 items||50 days||Each loan is renewable x1|
|Staff member||10 items||4 weeks||Unrestricted renewals|
Library fines can be avoided by all users by returning or renewing items before the due date. Automated reminders are sent by email to all patrons prior to the due date. Books can be renewed by logging into PRIMO or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a charge of 0.100 Fils per day per overdue book.
You are responsible for a book borrowed in your name until it has been returned to the library and the loan record has been cancelled. If you lose or damage a book you will be charged for its replacement. Lost books should be reported immediately to the library team. Replacement charges for lost books are based on the value of the item lost.