Dr Clare Walsh
Senior Lecturer and Programme Director, Institute of Leadership
Area of Expertise
Political economy of education, civilisation analysis, realist evaluation, management and leadership education, quality assurance
- Doctor of Education
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Master of Business Studies
- MA Media Studies
- Bachelor of Science
Current areas of activity
- Senior Lecturer and Programme Director, Institute of Leadership MSc Healthcare Management & MSc Quality and Safety in Healthcare Management Programmes
- Realist Evaluation of FinTech and Higher Education: What works, for whom and why? (2019).
- Changing Constructions of Public Legitimacy as reflected in GCC Higher Education Spaces (2019).
- Walsh, C. (2017). Putting Culture in its Place in the Political Economy of Arab Higher Education: Civilisation Analysis as a Means of Accessing the Cultural Questions. International Journal of Diplomacy and Economy, Vol. 3 (4), pp. 348 - 358
- Walsh, C. (2017). Civilisation Analysis: Unlocking the Social, Cultural and Political Contexts of Arab Civil Society, Asia Pacific Institute of Research, pp.93-103. ISBN 978-0-995398-016
- Walsh, C. (2016). Bringing civil society into a moment in the politics of education in the Arab Gulf: Civilisation Analysis as a means of interpreting Arab modernity, culture and society. In C. Paris et al (Eds.). Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Emerging Research Paradigms in Business and Social Science. Dubai, UAE: Middlesex University Dubai. ISBN 9789948189848.
- Walsh, C.V (2014). ‘A ‘Critical Cultural Political Economy of Education’: A theoretical framework for understanding and explaining how the structures, mechanisms and processes of the global, geo-regional, national and local assimilate in GCC higher education’. Proceedings of the Fifth Annual Gulf Comparative Education Society Symposium, Dubai, UAE: GCES