Professor David Misselbrook
Associate Professor of Family Medicine, RCSI Bahrain
Convener, RCSI Bahrain Research Ethics Committee
Office: +973 3773 3261
Area of Expertise
Family medicine, Medical ethics, Medical education. Previous research interest: patient centred care. Current research interest: metaethics and virtue ethics.
- MB BS London 1979. MSc in General Practice 1997. FRCGP 2001. MA in Philosophy 2006.
- GP in London, 1984 – 2013. GP Trainer, London Deanery 1991 – 2013.
- Course Organiser (Program Director) Lewisham GP Vocational Training Scheme 1992 – 2002.
- Course Director DPMSA (Diploma in the Philosophy of Medicine) 2008 - 2013.
- Dean, Royal Society of Medicine UK, 2007 – 2011.
- Member of the Directors of CPD subcommittee of the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges (DOCPD) UK, 2008 – 2011.
- Senior Ethics Adviser, British Journal of General Practice from 2011.
- President, Faculty of the History and Philosophy of Medicine, Society of Apothecaries UK 2011 – 2014.
- Senior Lecturer, now Associate Professor, Dept Family Medicine, RCSI Bahrain from 2014.
- Written one textbook, edited two textbooks, written 5 textbook chapters, published peer review papers, editorials and review papers.
Current areas of activity
- Family medicine teaching
- Convener, RCSI Bahrain Research Ethics Committee
- Module Coordinator, Introduction to Professional Clinical Practice (IPCP) JC1/2
- Coordinator, communication skills teaching JC and IC
- SC1 Medical Ethics lead
- Member NHRA CPD Committee, Member NHRA Medical Education and Professional Development Committee
- RCSI Future Doctors recruitment program