Dr Alexandra E Butler
Senior Research Fellow
Area of expertise
Diabetes and metabolic disorders, biomolecular research
MBBS, MBA, PhD, FRCPath
- Featured in the “World’s Top 2% Scientists” list published by Stanford University, USA.
- Citation Impact: Over 17,000+ citations; h-index of 51; i10 index of 111
Current areas of activity
Diabetes and metabolic disorders, biomolecular research, biopolymer research.
Publications since arrival in RCSI Bahrain - July 2021:
- Manjunath Ramanjaneya, Ilhame Diboun, Najeha Rizwana, Yaser Dajani, Alexandra E Butler, Lina Ahmed, Stephen L. Atkin, Abdul Badi Abou-Samra, Mohamed A Elrayess. Elevated adipsin and reduced C5a levels in the maternal serum and follicular fluid during implantation are associated with successful pregnancy in obese women. Front. Endocrinol. 13:918320. doi:10.3389/fendo.2022.918320
- Manjunath Ramanjaneya, Ruth Priyanka, Milin Bensila, Jayakumar Jerobin, Pawar Krunal, Thozhukat Sathyapalan, Abdul Badi Abou-Samra, Najeeb M Halabi, Abu Saleh Md Moin, Stephen L. Atkin, Alexandra E. Butler. MiRNA and associated inflammatory changes from Baseline to Hypoglycemia in Type 2 Diabetes. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2022 Aug 9;13:917041. doi: 10.3389/fendo.2022.917041. eCollection 2022.
- Alexandra E. Butler, Jenan Obaid, Pearl Wasif, Jean V. Varghese, Dalal Alromaihi, Stephen Atkin, Naji Alamuddin. Effect of date fruit on the glycemic control of patients with type 2 diabetes: a Randomized clinical trial. Nutrients, Special Issue "Nutrition, Nutraceuticals and Bioactive Compounds in the Prevention and Fight against Inflammation." Nutrients. 2022 Aug 25;14(17):3491. doi: 10.3390/nu14173491.
- Abu Saleh Md Moin, Thozhukat Sathyapalan, Stephen L. Atkin, Alexandra E. Butler. Inflammatory markers in non-obese women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome are not elevated and show no correlation with Vitamin D. Special Issue "Nutrition, Nutraceuticals and Bioactive Compounds in the Prevention and Fight against Inflammation." Nutrients. 2022 Aug 27;14(17):3540. doi: 10.3390/nu14173540.
- Shiva Ganjali, Tannaz Jamialahmadi, Mitra Abbasifard, Seyed Ahmad Emami, Zahra Tayarani-Najaran, Alexandra E Butler, Maciej Banach, Amirhossein Sahebkar. Trehalose-induced alterations in serum expression levels of microRNAs associated with vascular inflammation in patients with coronary artery disease-the pilot results from the randomized controlled trial. https://doi.org/10.5114/aoms/154987 Archives of Medical Science. October 2022.
- Shweta Kulkarni, Amanda L. Posgai, Irina Kusmartseva, Clive H. Wasserfall, Mark A. Atkinson, Alexandra E. Butler. Presence of Exocrine and Endocrine Inflammation Increases Cellular Replication in the Pancreatic Duct Compartment in Type 1 diabetes. Journal of the Endocrine Society, 2022; bvac136, https://doi.org/10.1210/jendso/bvac136
- Abu Saleh Md Moin, Thozhukat Sathyapalan, Stephen L Atkin, Alexandra E Butler. Platelet-derived protein responses differ according to length and severity of hypoglycemia. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2022 Oct 6;21(1):202. doi: 10.1186/s12933-022-01639-w. PMID: 36203210.
- Alexandra E. Butler, Abu Saleh Md Moin, Thozhukat Sathyapalan, Stephen L. Atkin Components of the Complement Cascade Differ in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2022, 23,12232. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms232012232
- Manjunath Ramanjaneya, Ilham Bettahi, Krunal Pawar, Najeeb M Halabi, Abu Saleh Md Moin, Thozhukat Sathyapalan, Abdul Badi Abou-Samra, Stephen L. Atkin, Alexandra E. Butler. MicroRNA Changes up to 24 hours Following Induced Hypoglycemia in Type 2 Diabetes. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2022, 23, 14696. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms232314696
- Fatemeh Zahedipour, Alexandra E. Butler, Rizzo M, Amirhossein Sahebkar. Statins and angiogenesis in non-cardiovascular diseases. Drug Discov Today. 2022 Jul 16:S1359-6446(22)00290-2. doi: 10.1016/j.drudis.2022.07.005