Professor Fiza Rashid-Doubell
Associate Professor of Physiology, RCSI-Bahrain
Lead in Medical Education
Health Professions Education research cluster lead
Office: +973 16660124
Area of Expertise
Basic Science Research: developmental biology; molecular and cell biology techniques; fluorescence microscopy, primary and cell line culture, neural transplantation, preeclampsia, novel anti-cancer agent development and delivery.
Community-based Research: conducting mixed method research in Middle East
Medical Education Research: transnational education student transitions, student success and retention; feedback and assessment; technology-enhanced learning; medical simulation; teaching and learning
- PhD Cellular Biology, University of Sheffield (1991); MA (dist) Academic Practice and Learning, University of Northumbria (2009).
- Senior Fellow of Higher Education Academy, UK (Advance HE)
Current areas of activity
- Supervisor of over 20 Masters in Neuroscience student projects
- Co-supervisor of PhD students in Medical Education and Maternal and Fetal medicine
- Supervisor of over 50 basic science final year dissertations
- Elected chairperson of Medical Education Working Group – RCSI Bahrain
- Founding member of Task Force to address Non-Communicable Diseases in Bahrain
- Member of the inter-professional education committee – RCSI Bahrain
- Member of RCSI curriculum development, learning, teaching and assessment working group
- Promoting and supporting alumni research – RCSI Bahrain
- Research collaborations with colleagues at the University of Malta and RCSI Dublin.
- Examiner for the RCSI membership exams
- Medical student mentor