Professor Maura PidgeonDirector MSc Nursing Programmes
Area of Expertise
- Executive Leadership in Nursing & Midwifery Regulation as CEO of the Irish Nursing & Midwifery Board.
- Developing standards for nursing & midwifery education at first and advanced levels of practice.
- Implementation of legislation and development of Rules supporting primary legislation in all areas of regulation.
- Writing Codes and Scope of Professional Practice.
- Executive Leadership in Clinical Nursing as Director of Nursing in Ireland's leading private tertiary referral centre.
- Preparing organisations for the future in the health care industry.
- Academic Management - head of department of nursing in a higher education institution.
- PhD Leadership in Nursing, The Queen's University of Belfast 2009.
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA), University of Ulster 1995.)
- BSc (Hons) Nursing, University of Ulster 1991
- RM Registered Midwife Coombe Hospital Dublin 1981
- RGN (Hons) Nurse Mater Misericordiae Hospital Dublin 1979
Current areas of activity
- Building RCSI School of Nursing & Midwifery MSc Portfolio of Specialist Programmes
- Contributor to the International Regulatory Meetings
- Leadership Development and professionalisaton of Nursing & Midwifery in their contribution to world health issues e.g. Universal Health Coverage (UHC)
- Member of RCSI Bahrain Research Committee
- Member of RCSI SPG & R Academic Council