Professor Iqdam Tobbia
Professor of Pathology, RCSI-Bahrain
Director of Intermediate Cycle 1&2, School of Medicine
Office: +973 16660141
Area of Expertise
Diagnostic Histopathology; Medical Education: Development of Undergraduate Curriculum and Assessment. Supervisor of student summer research projects 2015- Current.
- M.B,Ch.B., University of Mosul 1974. M.Sc. Pathology, University of Baghdad 1977. M.R.C.Path 1987. F.F.Path.,RCPI 1989. F.R.C.Path. 2003.
- Consultant Histopathologist, Connolly Hospital, 2008-2015. Senior Lecturer in Pathology RCSI- Dublin.
- Consultant Histopathologist, Mayo University Hospital, 2001-08, & Senior Lecturer Department of Pathology, University College, Galway
- Research fellow, St.James Hospital, Dublin, Quantitative study of hormone receptors in breast tissue. 1999-2000.
- Consultant Histopathologist, and Senior Lecturer in Pathology, Mosul Medical College & Medical Centre 1988-1999.
Current areas of activity
- Director of Intermediate Cycle 1, & 2.
- Head of Department of Pathology RCSI-MUB.
- Active with undergraduate student Teaching. Direct students to do Audits and research projects for the SSC module.
- Admission interviews, examination of students Both in Pathology, and Assisting in the Clinical OSCE & long case examination in both Surgery & Medicine.