Professor Steve SafranyAssociate Professor of Pharmacology
Area of expertise
Inositol phosphate effects and metabolism; receptor pharmacology; anti-cancer drugs; Nudix hydrolase enzymes; phytases; cellular signaling; sigma-1 receptors; sigma-2 receptors; aspirin analogues.
- PhD Biochemical Pharmacology, Leicester University Medical School, 1993.
- BSc(Hons)DIS Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Loughborough University of Technology, 1988.
- 10/99 – 09/07 Royal Society University Research Fellow
- Personal grants of approx. £850,000; over 40 full peer-reviewed papers; H-index of 24; 1350+ citations
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Biochemical Society
- British Pharmacological Society
Current areas of activity
- Junior cycle, medical curriculum
- BSc(Hons) nursing