Undergraduate and Postgraduate Conferring
- Date: 17 November 2020
- Time: 13:00 - 16:30
- Category: Conferrings, General events
- Location: RCSI 123 St Stephen's Green, Dublin 2
The RCSI Undergraduate Conferring Ceremony will take place on Tuesday, 17 November 2020 in RCSI, 123 St Stephen's Green, Dublin 2.
The Conferring Ceremony includes the conferment of:
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Obstetrics (MB, BCh, BAO), LRCP&SI (and exit awards)
- Degree of Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) (including exit awards)
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Physiotherapy (including exit awards)
- Degree of Master of Surgery (MCh)
- Degree of Master of Science (MSc)
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Postgraduate Certificate and Diploma in Health Professions Education
|13:00||Registration and gown collection||Tutorial Room 1-3|
|13:00-13:30||Lafayette Photography (studios will strictly close 30 minutes prior to conferring)||Tutorial Room 1-3|
|14.00||Group photographs||O’Flanagan Lecture Theatre|
|14.30||Conferring ceremony||Exam Hall|
|16.00/16:15 (approx.)||Conferring reception||College Hall|
|Lafayette Photography (studios re-open) and gown returns
||Tutorial Room 1-3
Watch a live stream of the conferring ceremony below. Beginning at 14.30 (GMT).
Phelan Conan Ltd. are the academic dress providers for RCSI Conferrings. Gowns must be pre-ordered online directly through the Phelan Conan website. Simply select 'student hire' and 'RCSI' and follow the instructions.
All queries relating to academic dress hire should be made directly to Phelan Conan on +353 1 429 5300 or by emailing email@example.com.
- Pre-ordered gowns: €45
- Hired on the day: €50
We recommend that you bring safety pins and hair clips with you to secure your cap and hood.
Each graduand will receive two guest tickets for the conferring ceremony.
If you wish to be included on a waiting list for extra tickets, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: extra tickets are subject to availability and confirmation will not be available until the final conferring list is available.
Graduands will receive a conferring programme which will contain the guest tickets at registration prior to the conferring ceremony.
Order of proceedings
Graduands are invited to register one hour and 30 minutes prior to their conferring ceremony.
At registration graduands will be provided with a seat number which signifies the order in which they will be called to the platform to receive their parchments. It is extremely important that graduands sit in the correct allocated seat to ensure they receive the correct parchment.
Graduands and guests are asked to take their seats no later than 30 minutes prior to the ceremony commences.View all conferrings