Suitable for: SHOs and registrars involved in emergency medicine, surgery, trauma, orthopaedics, critical care medicine and acute medicine
This practical course is designed to give you an introduction to the use of bedside point of care ultrasound in the emergency department as an important and essential adjunct to clinical examination. Actors play the role of patients to facilitate skills demonstration and practice.
- Review and understand basic ultrasound principles and confounding variables
- Practice the different terminology and knobology of the bedside ultrasound machine
- Practice a systematic approach to eFAST
- Practice a systematic AAA and IVC assessment
- Be aware of the role and limitations of POCUS in patients with shock or cardiac arrest.