This course is perfect for doctors starting their training in laparoscopic surgery. This is a hands-on course in which you receive expert formative feedback while practicing your skills on bespoke low- and high- fidelity models. Expert laparoscopic consultants will also guide you through performing a laparoscopic cholecystectomy on an animal liver-gallbladder model.
- Practice in laparoscopic set-up, camera and stacks
- Increased knowledge in the selection and safe placement of a port
- Improvement in your camera navigation skills
- Improvement in your instrument-handling skills
- Improvement in your depth of perception and dissection skills
- Familiarisation with the steps and haptic feedback of performing a simulated laparoscopic cholecystectomy
In this practical course we will use a combination of synthetic and animal tissue (porcine).
Suitable for: SHOs in general surgery, colorectal surgery, urology, obstetrics, and gynaecology.