This course is perfect for doctors starting their training in laparoscopic surgery. This is a hands-on course where you will get expert formative feedback while practicing laparoscope handling, object positioning and tissue manipulation. You will then progress to performing a cholecystectomy on a simulated animal model. Expert laparoscopic consultants will also guide you through performing a laparoscopic cholecystectomy on an animal liver-gallbladder model.
This course is suitable for SHOs in general surgery, colorectal surgery, urology, obstetrics, and gynaecology.
Lead facilitator: Prof. Peter Gillen
- Practice in laparoscopic set up, camera and stacks.
- Increased knowledge in the selection and safe placement of a port.
- Improvement in your camera navigation skills.
- Improvement in your instrument handling skills.
- Improvement in your depth of perception and dissection skills.
- Familiarisation with the steps and haptic feedback of performing a simulated laparoscopic cholecystectomy.