This endoscopy workshop is designed for registrars already performing gastroscopies and colonoscopies independently. The interactive, case-based discussions will deal with themes such as practical polypectomy, tattooing, endoclip placement, endoscopic mucosal resection and visual footage of difficult real cases.
This is a hands-on course, where virtual reality endoscopic simulators and bench task trainers will be used to practice gastroscopy and colonoscopy, on advanced modules with different pathologies. The workshop will be run in two parallel sessions to maximise simulator use.
- Improved skills in preventing complications such as looping
- Knowledge of the approach to polypectomy and its optimal visualisation, classification and risk assessment
- Practice at simulated polypectomy of pedunculated and sessile lesions
- Increased knowledge of the therapeutic options and diathermy settings for performing a polypectomy
- Awareness of key performance indicators (KPI) for colonoscopy
- Increased insight into the visual changes in GI pathology
- Insight into methods of preventing and treating polypectomy complications
In this practical course we will use a combination of synthetic and animal tissue (bovine).
Suitable for: Senior registrars in general surgery, upper GI and colorectal surgery, who have experience in endoscopy