This is a gastrointestinal skills course that concentrates on the operative management of open inguinal hernias, bowel anastomosis and bowel diversion surgery.
During the course, you will learn procedures using low and high-fidelity models in our wet lab facility with the constructive feedback of experienced consultants in General and colorectal surgery.
- Improved decision making in bowel closure methods or diversion.
- Practice in the principles of bowel tissue handling and suturing.
- Understanding and practice of the creation of an end ileostomy.
- Practice the creation of a loop ileostomy.
- Practice the creation of a colostomy.
- Knowledge of the up-to-date principles in hernia repair.
- Confidence in performing an open inguinal hernia repair.
Suitable for: SHOs and early registrars in general surgery and colorectal surgery.