Research shows that approximately 50% of hospital doctors report difficulties coping with the stresses of their jobs. This problem may result in significant consequences for their own mental health and for patient safety.
This workshop will provide you with information and coaching on the evidence-based strategies known to enhance resilience and lead to increased mental toughness.
This course is suitable for SHOs and registrars in all surgical specialties and emergency medicine doctors.
Faculty: Ms Eva Doherty; Simon MacGowan
- Analysis of the sources of stress
- Self-analysis of stress and burnout
- Neurobiology of resilience
- Conflict and bullying in the workplace
- Building resilience techniques