Suitable for: SHOs in all surgical specialties; emergency medicine doctors
In this course you will master your knot-tying and suturing skills from first principals. Experienced consultant surgeons will give you formative feedback on your instrument handling, tissue manipulation and wound closure techniques.
Once your skills have been practiced you will perform minor operating procedures on low and high fidelity models. The principals of local flap closure will be demonstrated.
- An understanding of safe and aseptic theatre etiquette
- Practiced closed gowning and patient draping methods
- A knowledge of surgical instrument names, uses and correct handling
- Performed one-handed knots and instrument ties
- Performed five different suturing techniques for wound closure
- An understanding of the principles of dissection and closure technics used in the minor operating theatre