This course facilitates an introduction to the principles of high-fidelity simulation followed by the opportunity to manage and treat simulated multiple trauma clinical cases in multidisciplinary teams.
Each case will be debriefed with the focus on human factors principles and team communication.
- Discuss the correct early management of multi-trauma patients.
- Demonstrate improved clinical and non-technical skills in dealing with acute trauma patients.
- Navigate challenging team and patient/relative interactions during an acute event.
- Practice leading a healthcare team in responding to an acute crisis situation.
- Discuss and appraise the principles of crisis resource management and how the principles can be applied in the hospital setting at times of acute crisis.
- Demonstrate appropriate interdisciplinary team communication during acute clinical events.