This one-day practical course will allow you to enhance your skills in the initial management of the critically unwell or severely injured child.
You should have previously completed an Advanced Paediatric Life Support Course (APLS) or equivalent, and you will be provided with an opportunity to revise the principles of the early management and stabilisation of children with life-threatening emergencies.
The course is delivered by paediatric emergency medicine specialists.
Topics covered include:
- Basic and advanced paediatric life support algorithms.
- Recognising the sick child.
- Basic airway management in a child.
- Updated guidelines in paediatric trauma management.
- Burns in children.
- Spinal trauma management.
- Intraosseous access.
- Paediatric fractures and non-accidental injury.
- To develop knowledge and awareness on updates in primary and secondary surveys in children.
- To practice and improve on emergency airway, ventilation and circulation skills in children.
- To review a systematic approach to the sick febrile child.
- To review and practice basic trauma skills in children.
- To review the variety of paediatric injuries and recognising flags for non-accidental injury.