This course is designed for participants who want to perform and/or critically appraise systematic reviews and meta-analyses. The course predominantly covers systematic reviews of healthcare interventions, with some material being equally relevant to systematic reviews of other topics. This course will take you through the process of doing a systematic review and will focus on the practicalities rather than the theory.
This course is suitable for SHOs and registrars in all surgical specialities and emergency medicine doctors.
This course is run over two days:
- Part A: Wednesday, 7 October 2020
- Part B: Wednesday, 21 October 2020
Faculty: Dr Rose Galvin, University of Limerick
- Understand the principals around the creating of a systematic review.
- Have more confidence of appraising existing published reviews.
- Have an increased knowledge of how to identify and select articles.
- Have more confidence in article appraisal.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the statistics used in systematic reviews.