This course is designed for those who want to perform and/or critically appraise systematic reviews and meta-analyses. It predominantly covers systematic reviews of healthcare interventions, with some material being equally relevant to systematic reviews of other topics. This course will take you through the process of doing a systematic review and focus on practicalities rather than theory.
Faculty: Dr Rose Galvin, University of Limerick
- Understand the principals around creating a systematic review
- Increased confidence in appraising existing published reviews
- Enhanced knowledge of how to identify and select articles
- Increased confidence in article appraisal
- In-depth knowledge of the statistics used in systematic reviews
Suitable for: SHOs and registrars in all surgical specialities; emergency medicine doctors