This course is designed to upskill healthcare workers on how to design and bring to a conclusion a qualitative study for research purposes.
This course focuses on understanding the key principles of qualitative study designs including bias, confounding and causality.
This course will take you through the fundamentals qualitative study designs and is designed to be interactive in mature with a mix of taught and practical sessions and is suitable for SHOs and registrars in all surgical specialties and emergency medicine doctors.
This course is run over two days:
- Part A: Wednesday, 11 November 2020
- Part B: Wednesday, 25 November 2020
Faculty: Dr Rose Galvin, University of Limerick
- Understand the principals around the creating of a qualitative research study.
- Understanding the key principles of qualitative study designs including bias, confounding and causality.
- Have a better understanding of internal and external validity of a study.
- Have more confidence of appraising existing published trials.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the analysis used in qualitative study design.