Suitable for: SHOs and registrars in all surgical specialties; emergency medicine doctors
This course is designed to upskill healthcare workers on how to design and bring to a conclusion a quantitative study for research purposes. It focuses on understanding the key principles of quantitative study designs including bias, confounding and causality.
This course will take you through the fundamentals of quantitative study designs and is designed to be interactive, with a mix of taught and practical sessions.
This course is run over two days:
- Part A: Wednesday, 12 January 2022
- Part B: Wednesday, 26 January 2022
Faculty: Dr Rose Galvin, University of Limerick
- Understand the principals of creating a quantitative research study
- Understanding the key principles of quantitative study designs including bias, confounding and causality
- Improved understanding of internal and external validity of a study
- Increased confidence in appraising existing published trials
- In-depth knowledge of the analysis used in quantitative study design