In this course you will master your knot-tying and suturing skills from first principles. Experienced consultant surgeons will give you formative feedback on your instrument handling, tissue manipulation and wound closure techniques.
Once your skills have been practiced you will close different shaped wounds on synthetic and animal models.
- Understanding of safe and aseptic theatre etiquette.
- Ability to practice closed gowning and patient draping methods.
- Knowledge of surgical instrument names, uses, and correct handling.
- Performedone-handed knots and instrument ties.
- Ability to perform five different suturing techniques for wound closure.
Suitable for: SHOs in all surgical specialties; emergency medicine doctors.