This three-day online course will support the development of a professional identity as a clinical educator to enable candidates to improve their teaching and assessing skills in the clinical and classroom environments.
A combination of education theory, lesson planning, interactive peer group exercises, micro-teaching skills practice and reflection will be used to develop the skills of lesson planning, effective teaching, assessment and giving peer feedback.
This course is run over three days:
Day 1: Tuesday, 30 January 2024
Day 2: Wednesday, 31 January 2024
Day 3: Wednesday, 21 February 2024
- To explore the theory of adult education.
- To develop teaching and presentation skills
- To devise a teaching lesson plan for a micro-teaching session
- To devise an assessment strategy for a micro teaching session
- To devise an evaluation strategy for a micro teaching session
- To reflect on peer and faculty feedback on a micro teaching session.