Submit an application
Relevant research projects commencing from 1 June 1999 are required to have ethical approval through the REC.
All applications must be submitted online through the REC portal. The REC meets bimonthly to review projects. Details of meetings and deadline dates are available here.
Before submitting your application please ensure you have documented permission to complete your research if the work is to be carried out in another institution/body. Evidence of permission will be required during the application process.
- Click here to log into RIMS/Vidatum and access the application.
- Please ensure that you complete all sections of the online form and upload all of the supporting documents. If content is missing the REC cannot review your application.
- Refer to the accompanying guidance notes and FAQs when completing the form/and complete the checklist before submitting the form.
As of 1 October 2010 the RCSI REC charges the following fees to applicants from industry:
- €1,000 for each industry-sponsored trial.
- €200 for an amendment to a previously approved application for an industry-sponsored trial.
Fees are payable prior to ethical review.