Teaching hospitals and clinical sites
As an RCSI student, you will attend a wide variety of public, private and specialist teaching hospitals and clinical sites where you will learn to hone your clinical and professional skills.
- Beaumont Hospital is the largest academic teaching hospital in the RCSI Hospitals Group. Emergency and acute care services are provided across 54 medical specialties and Beaumont Hospital is a designated Cancer Centre and the Regional Treatment Centre for Ear, Nose and Throat, and Gastroenterology. Beaumont Hospital is the National Referral Centre for Neurosurgery and Neurology, Renal Transplantation, and Cochlear Implantation.
- Connolly Hospital is a major teaching and health promoting hospital. Services include a 24-hour Emergency Department, acute medical and surgical services, acute psychiatric services, long-stay residential care, day care, out-patient care plus diagnostic and therapeutic and support services.
- The Rotunda Hospital, Dublin is the oldest continuously operating maternity hospital in the world, founded in 1745. The hospital delivers approximately 9,000 babies annually and provides pregnancy, neonatal and gynaecologic care.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital provides acute medical and surgical services as well as maternity services to the catchment area of Louth, Meath and the surrounding hinterland including parts of north county Dublin.
- Cavan & Monaghan Hospital provides acute and continuing care services to the population of both counties and its catchment area extends to counties Meath, Longford and Leitrim.
- Louth County Hospital provides acute and community care services to the population of Louth, Meath and Monaghan.
- Regional Hospital Mullingar provides a range of acute and specialist services to the population of Westmeath, Longford and the wider community.
- University Hospital Waterford provides general medical, surgical and maternity care. It also provides the following specialty services: cardiology, trauma orthopaedics, ophthalmology, neurology, nephrology, rheumatology, urology, vascular surgery, ENT and neonatology, radiology, pathology and microbiology.
- St Luke’s General Hospital Carlow-Kilkenny is a large acute hospital which provides acute healthcare services.
- South West Acute Hospital, Enniskillen delivers a wide range of services including general medicine, surgery, maternity and paediatric medicine and is part of the Western Trust.
- National Maternity Hospital provides obstetric, gynaecology and neonatal services and delivers over 8,000 babies each year.
- Coombe Women & Infants University Hospital provides comprehensive care for women and infants at local, regional and national levels and delivers approximately 9,000 babies each year.
- Children's Health Ireland at Crumlin is an acute paediatric hospital. Major specialties at the hospital today include neonatal and paediatric surgery, neurology, neurosurgery, nephrology, orthopaedics, ENT and plastic surgery.
- Our Lady’s Hospital, Navan is part of the Louth/Meath Hospital Group and provides a general acute hospital service to the catchment area of Meath and an orthopaedic service to the region as a whole.
- The Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital is a public teaching hospital in Dublin. It is the National Referral Centre for eye, ear, nose and throat disorders and provides specialist care in ophthalmology.
- Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital is Ireland’s major centre for elective orthopaedic surgery and the largest dedicated orthopaedic hospital in the country.
- National Rehabilitation Hospital provides complex specialist rehabilitation services to patients who require specialist medical rehabilitation.
- Blackrock Clinic is the leading and longest-established private hospital and clinic in Ireland. The clinic has built an unparalleled reputation in new high-tech surgical procedures, medical treatments and ground-breaking diagnostics.
- The Bon Secours Private Hospital in Dublin is an independent acute care hospital located in Glasnevin in north Dublin providing medical care to patients from Dublin and across Ireland since 1951.
- Galway Clinic is a state-of-the-art, 146-bed hospital that provides 24-hour healthcare services. Here, more than 140 highly skilled physicians and surgeons cover a wide variety of specialties.
- Hermitage Medical Clinic is a 112-bed private hospital in Lucan providing medical, surgical and advanced radiotherapy care to patients supported by the very latest medical technology and most advanced diagnostic equipment.
- Cluain Mhuire Service is a community-based adult mental health service serving a population of over 175,000 in the Dublin South East area.
- Mental Health Services are provided through the HSE across all regions.
- St Patrick's Mental Health Services is Ireland’s largest, independent, not-for-profit mental health service. It provides both community and outpatient care through its Dean Clinics and day-patient services through the Wellness and Recovery Centre.