Registry Services

The RCSI Registry Services team offers guidance and support on a range of academic matters for students and staff.

Registry is responsible for the administration of core academic matters, including:

  • the registration of students;
  • the approval of new and review of existing programmes of study;
  • RCSI and NUI award boards and academic conferrings; and
  • medals and prizes.

Registry Services is also responsible for maintaining your student record from the point at which you enrol on your programme of study through to your graduation and beyond in to your professional career.

We use the student records at RCSI to provide academic transcripts, official letters, verification of documents and forms to alumni. This information is also used for external reporting, statistics, compliance with external bodies and the awarding and verification of degrees.

The Registry team plays an important role in the development, implementation and application of student-facing regulations, procedures and guidelines – this ensures consistent, transparent treatment for all. We also manage the Garda vetting process for students to enable them to participate in placements for their programme of studies.

If you have any queries concerning your student record, please contact RCSI Registry Services at +353 1 402 2222 or You can also update your term address details at any time, using the Student Gateway.

We are located on the first floor of 123 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, (beside the Exam Hall). Registry Services are part of the team in Student, Academic & Regulatory Affairs, all of whom are committed to delivering a professional, friendly and supportive service to the whole RCSI community.

Contact us

Our opening hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 5pm.

You can contact us by telephone at +353 1 402 2222, or email:

Frequently asked questions

What are the semester dates?

You can find all semester dates here

I am a current student. How do I obtain a letter to open a bank account including my address and/or how do I get a letter to verify my current status?

You may need a letter confirming your student status for a variety of reasons e.g. sponsor requirements, opening a bank account, part-time employment etc. We can provide a standard letter for registered students, detailing your full name, the date you enrolled at RCSI, the programme you are enrolled on and your expected end date. If you are a current student, you can order this letter via Moodle here.

How do I obtain a certified copy of my degree certificate?

Registry Services will officially certify good clear copies taken from your original degree certificate. Please contact us or visit us 123 St Stephen's Green, Dublin 2 for this service. 

How do I obtain a letter which verifies that I am enrolled and registered in RCSI?

You can request this confirmation of enrolment and registration via Moodle here.

How do I obtain a letter which verifies my RCSI qualification?

RCSI Registry Services is pleased to provide you with a letter which confirms your degree – including the date it was conferred. To request this information please complete the documentation request form.

How do I obtain a copy of my academic transcript?

If you are currently registered, you can request a copy via Moodle here.

Where can I find out more about registering as a new RCSI student?

Once you have been offered a place, you can complete pre-enrolment for your chosen programme of study online. Once you have accepted an unconditional offer from RCSI you will be emailed details about how to pre-enrol online using the Student Gateway.

I am a continuing student. How do I re-register for my programme of study?

In advance of each academic year, students will be issued with an email communication from the Student Fees Office inviting them to register, and providing them with a link to do so. This link will also be included on the forum page on the VLE.

How do I change my address or personal details?

You can update your term-time address details at any time via the Student Gateway once you are a currently registered student. If your name changes during your studies, you will need to provide evidence of this to Registry Services. Please bring along a copy of your passport or other identity document i.e. legal name change document to Registry Services, 123 St Stephen's Green, Dublin 2. 

How do I withdraw from my programme of study?

Please consult the Withdrawal from Studies Policy, which can be found here.

How do I request a leave of absence from my studies?

Please consult the Leave of Absence Policy, which can be found here

I think my Garda Vetting status will/has changed. What do I do?

It is a condition of the RCSI Code of Conduct that you inform Registry if you are under investigation or have been charged with any action that could bring the College into disrepute or could be a criminal offence in any jurisdiction. You must inform Registry Services immediately, even if you believe the charges to be false.

I have been discontinued from RCSI, how do I appeal the decision?

Information on the appeals regulations and procedures can be found in the Appeal Regulations here.

When and where will my conferring ceremony be held?

If you are due to graduate this year, graduation details and further information about your conferring ceremony is available here. Please ensure you register for your ceremony in advance on the ceremony webpage. 

When and how do I receive my degree certificate?

Your degree certificate will be issued at the conferring ceremony. Undergraduate students will also be provided with attested copies of their degree as part of their registration pack on the day of graduation.

If you choose not to attend your conferring ceremony (in-absentia), your certificate will be posted by recorded delivery shortly after the ceremony. Please note, we can only issue your certificate to the address you specify when you register for the ceremony.

How do I obtain a replacement of my lost/stolen degree certificate?

Replacement degree certificates must be requested directly from NUI.

How do I inform RCSI that I was/am unwell, and unfit to attend an examination or other assessment?

Information and advice in relation to exceptional circumstances that may have affected your performance at an assessment is available here

How do I appeal the result of an examination?

The University's regulations in relation to appeals are available here.  

How do I request a copy of my academic transcripts?

You can request a copy of your academic transcript by completing the documentation request form.

How do I order a replacement degree certificate?

The degree certificate issued to you is proof of your achievements and is a unique and valuable document. However, we understand that sometimes parchments are lost or damaged, often in challenging circumstances. Replacement degree certificates must be requested directly from NUI here.  Please note, replacement certificates will not usually be created due to a change of name, for instance following a marriage or divorce.

Degree certificates can be reissued following gender reassignment. Please contact us for further information.

I would like to verify the awards of a potential employee.

If you are a third party, e.g. a prospective employer or an agency, wishing to verify the award of an individual who studied at RCSI please contact us.

Note: For data protection purposes, verifications cannot be provided to third parties without the written consent of the individual in question. 

How do I update my details/get back in touch with RCSI?

if you would like to keep in touch or get back in touch with RCSI, your alma mater please update your details with our Alumni team.