Emergency contact information
On very rare occasions, a student may experience a personal emergency and need urgent assistance out of hours or during holiday periods. In these circumstances, the priority must be accessing, as quickly as possible, the services you need to assure your safety and wellbeing.
In a serious emergency situation, the safest first action for yourself and others, is to contact emergency services or visit your local accident and emergency room.
The RCSI emergency response number can also be used to notify us that you have been involved in a serious incident or need urgent assistance.
This enables us to be aware of your situation and follow up in terms of support.
Out of hours emergency contacts
Emergency services: 999/112
RCSI emergency contact: + 353 (0) 1 402 2219
What constitutes an emergency?
For the purposes of out of hours services, an emergency will involve an immediate and serious danger or threat to an individual student's safety or well-being. This could include:
- Experiencing severe emotional distress and/or thoughts of self-harm or suicide
- Immediate physical danger
- Becoming seriously ill and being need of assistance
- Being involved in a major incident
- Experiencing a serious mental health crisis
- Missing person
- Being involved in a serious accident
- Being admitted to hospital for a serious condition
- Being arrested
As indicated, the safest action in a serious emergency out of hours is to seek help from emergency services first.
If you need to talk ...
- Freephone: 116 123
- Text: + 353 (0) 87 260 9090
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 1800 247 247
- Text HELP to 51444
- Tel: 1800 793 793 (term time)
CPSL counselling service
- Tel: + 353 (0) 1 283 9366
CoMPPAS emergency counselling service
- Tel: 1800 995 955 (anytime, anywhere)
Out of hours medical services
Please call for appointments. Clinic is located in St James Hospital Outpatient Department.
- Monday - Friday (6pm-10pm): +353 (0) 1 454 5607
- Weekends and bank holidays (10am-6pm): +353 (0) 1 454 5607
- All other our of hours times (Doctor on duty): +353 (0) 1 453 9333