How to apply
Applications for the PhD by Prior Publication are now open. The closing date for applications is 24 October 2021.
Before beginning your application on the Quercus platform, please have the following documents ready to upload:
- A copy of your primary degree certificate/transcript
- A copy of your CV
- The name, contact details and a letter of support from an RCSI academic advisor (supervisor) who has agreed to undertake the task of mentoring and supporting you for this award
- A brief personal statement (maximum 500 words) outlining your motivation for registering for this degree, and how you are going to resource the time required to complete your thesis and core modules
- A Gantt chart showing planned completion timeline for your thesis
- The names of two potential external examiners, who have expertise in the area are qualified to serve as examiners of the academic content (please discuss this with your proposed academic advisor [supervisor] in advance)
- Details of the published work that you wish to be considered for the award (note: where the published work appears under the name of more than one author, you must include a statement indicating the extent to which you carried out the published work and a clear indication of any parts of the published work that were carried out in collaboration)
- A statement (maximum 1,000 words) setting in context each item of published work and indicating how these items have made a significant contribution to knowledge. The statement should also describe how the published works for consideration constitute a coherent programme of published research as opposed to a series of learned but disconnected papers.