Suitable for: Registrars in general surgery, upper GI and colorectal surgery
The first part of this endoscopy course will take place online, where themes such as the use of equipment, sedation, bowel preparation will be discussed.
Each participant will attend a simulated workshop on one of three days after this session to enable social distancing and a small faculty to participant ratio. The all-day hands-on workshop will use both virtual reality endoscopic simulators and bench task trainers to learn and practice doing gastroscopy and colonoscopy on modules with different pathologies. In some of the modules tasks such as polypectomy and biopsy will be performed.
- An increased knowledge of endoscopic handling and orientation
- Acquired an increased knowledge in the types and application of sedation
- An increased understanding of the methods of bowel preparation
- Increased confidence in performing a gastroscopy
- Increased confidence in performing a colonoscopy
- Improved skills in preventing complications such as looping