Terms and conditions
To be eligible to enrol in the CPD-SS, you must:
- Be enrolled in the relevant professional competence scheme applicable to your specialty and area of practice as required by law;
- Hold a current NCHD contract;
- Work within the public health service;
- Not be enrolled in an intern training programme under the auspices of an Intern Training Network or a specialist training programme under the auspices of the one of the Irish postgraduate training bodies; and
- Be registered on the General Division or Supervised Division of the Register of Medical Practitioners maintained by the Medical Council.
- CPD-SS courses are also open to those with a course relevant background, pending payment of the course booking fee and place availability.
- The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland reserves the right to change the courses being offered and prices may be subject to change.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on these pages and in our brochures is accurate and current.
- Our courses are subject to capacity, and we cannot always guarantee that places will be available for any particular courses. Places are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- In the unlikely event that we need to cancel or reschedule a course, all fees paid for that course will be fully refundable.
- Every care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in our brochures, on the CPD-SS web pages, in our personal communications with you, during courses and in our hard copy course materials. However, the CPD-SS team are not responsible for errors or omissions and make no warranty - either express or implied – with respect to the content of the material delivered.
- The CPD-SS team cannot be held responsible for any consequences from the application of the information contained on our website or in courses, manuals, printed materials and other communication and training provided.
- We reserve the right to update or change our terms and conditions.
Confirmations and correspondence
- All correspondence relating to your course will be sent by email. It is important that you update the 'My Account' area of the CPD-SS website of any changes to your contact details.
- Full payment will be required at the time of booking for applicants not enrolled with the CPD Support Scheme or for those who have already utilised all their available CPD-SS credits, unless other arrangements have been specifically agreed in writing.
- If payment is required from you, your place on a course is not confirmed unless you receive a booking confirmation email.
- CPD Support Scheme courses bookings are non-transferrable between attendees.
- If you would like to amend your course date to a different date on offer for the same course, please contact the CPD-SS team via email with at least 10 days’ notice prior to the original course.
- CPD-SS requires written notification of all cancellations more than 10 days before the course begins.
- 10% Administrative fee will be charged on cancellation of a paid course.
- Failure to provide 10 days’ notice for a course booked with CPD-SS credits forfeits the CPD-SS credits from the user’s CPD-SS account. Otherwise, the full course fee will be applied regardless of payment method (including CPD-SS course credits).
- Should you need to cancel a course within the cancellation period (10 days before the course starts), please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm in writing.
- Once online courses are access, CPD-SS cannot provide a refund as these courses are locked to your account and cannot be removed.
Classroom course materials
- In general, we do not provide hard copy material for in person CPD-SS events unless it is necessary for activities in class or requested by the speaker. Instead, the material will be emailed to you upon request either in advance or after concluding a live session.
- Individual speakers/presenters reserve the right to not have their materials circulated after the event. Please respect that we may need to decline requests for materials to be sent after events.
Interactive learning courses and recording
You are not permitted to photograph, film, record or otherwise transmit any audio or visual material, data at or in connection with an online classroom session unless with prior written consent of CPD-SS, RCSI. Understand and acknowledge that you:
- May be filmed or otherwise recorded (recordings) by CPD-SS RCSI during an online classroom session
- Will not receive any payment in relation to the use, publication, or distribution of any recordings.
- Are not permitted to share a link to a live or recording of any CPD-SS event with another participant who has not officially registered for the session
By being present at an interactive learning session, you:
- Agree that CPD-SS RCSI has absolute rights of ownership of any recordings.
- Agree that the recordings may be used by CPD-SS RCSI for various purposes, including but not limited to, as part of learning materials and promotional activities.
- Hereby release CPD-SS RCSI, its officers' employees, affiliates, licensees, agents and assignees (Related Parties) from all present and future liabilities, including but not limited to claims, demands or suits; losses or damages of any kind excluding those caused by or resulting from any wrongful, wilful or negligent act or omission of CPD-SS RCSI or any of its Related Parties; or any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, including but not limited loss of profits or anticipated profits, loss of goodwill or loss of reputation, even if notified of the possibility of such potential loss or damage, that may arise out of you participation at a CPD-SS RCSI online classroom session, or as a result of the use of any recordings in which you are in any way depicted and/or identified.
CPD online courses access
- CPD-SS credits can be used to book a CPD-SS online course.
- Purchased courses are locked to the account of the person who purchased them and cannot be changed.