The RCSI Continuous Professional Development Support Scheme (CPD-SS) enables those enrolled to achieve the minimum of 20 external CPD credits per annum.
These credits can be used to help meet the requirements outlined by the Irish Medical Council regarding the maintenance of professional competence. As of May 2011, doctors are legally obliged to maintain their professional competence by enrolling in professional competence schemes and following requirements set by the Medical Council.
Please note: Applications will open on 11 July 2022 (a link to the enrolment application form will be available here). Please review the criteria below to ensure that you are eligible to enrol.
To be eligible to enrol in the CPD-SS, you must:
- be enrolled in the relevant professional competence scheme applicable to your specialty and area of practice as required by law;
- hold a current NCHD contract;
- work within the public health service;
- not be enrolled in an intern training programme under the auspices of an Intern Training Network or a specialist training programme under the auspices of the one of the Irish postgraduate training bodies; and
- be registered on the General Division or Supervised Division of the Register of Medical Practitioners maintained by the Medical Council.
Further details regarding eligibility can be found in the HSE guidance document.
For a quick demonstration on how to enrol with CPD-SS, watch the video below.