Applications closedRCSI CPD-SS enrolment is currently closed for new applications. Enrolment will re-open in December 2023.
The RCSI Continuous Professional Development Support Scheme (CPD-SS) enables those enrolled to achieve the minimum of 20 external CPD credits per annum.
These credits can be used to help meet the requirements outlined by the Irish Medical Council regarding the maintenance of professional competence. As of May 2011, doctors are legally obliged to maintain their professional competence by enrolling in professional competence schemes and following requirements set by the Medical Council.
To be eligible to enrol in the CPD-SS, you must:
- be enrolled in the relevant professional competence scheme applicable to your specialty and area of practice as required by law;
- hold a current NCHD contract;
- work within the public health service;
- not be enrolled in an intern training programme under the auspices of an Intern Training Network or a specialist training programme under the auspices of the one of the Irish postgraduate training bodies; and
- be registered on the General Division or Supervised Division of the Register of Medical Practitioners maintained by the Medical Council.
Further details regarding eligibility can be found in the CDP-SS guidance document.
Watch a short informative video to learn how to enrol for the scheme: