How much to pay
The total fee depends on the payment source. Carefully consider the below in order to determine the correct amount:
- If fee is paid by applicant who has a prospective employer who will not reimburse the applicant upon registration with the NMBI: €2,800
- If the prospective employer is not entitled to a discount: €2,800
- If the applicant is self-sponsor with no prospective employer: €2,800
- If fee is paid by a prospective employer who is entitled to a discount: €2,500
- If fee is paid by applicant but has a prospective employer who is entitled to a discount and will reimburse the applicant upon registration with the NMBI: €2,500
Prospective employers entitled to a discount include those who have a service level agreement (SLA) with the Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery at RCSI. Before paying the fee, contact your prospective employer regarding the relevant amount. The discount is only applicable at the point of application and will not be given retrospectively.
Please note: You must allow for any transaction charges if applicable.
Proof of payment
Before paying the correct fee it is essential that all the requirements regarding the proof of payment are fully considered to ensure full compliance as follows:
- The proof of payment must be an official bank receipt.
- It must contain the following as part of the official receipt (not hand-written):
- Name and address and logo of bank from where the money is being sent
- Official stamp from where the money is being sent
- The account number from where the money is being sent
- The full name of the account from where the money is being sent
- RCSI account number into which the money is being transferred
- Amount paid (in euro)
- The full name of the applicant as per passport.
- If the account from where the money is being sent is not the applicant’s account, then the relationship of the account holder to the applicant must be hand-written on the bottom of the receipt, for example, 'Account holder is prospective employer'.
- The name of the recruitment agency must be hand-written on the bottom of the proof of payment. If applicant has no recruitment agent, then hand-write, 'No recruitment agent'.
- The name and address of the prospective employer must be hand-written on the bottom of the proof of payment. If applicant has no prospective employer, then hand-write, 'No prospective employer'.
An application will not be processed and will be returned until the details above are correct.
An invoice will not be issued. A receipt of the proof of payment will form part of your invitation email. If the fee was paid by someone other than you the applicant, then you must forward the invitation email to them. No other receipt will be automatically issued.
There is no automatic refund of unused fees, except where an applicant is unsuccessful at the second attempt at the theory test, in which case the portion of the fee for the practical test will be refunded (as such an applicant would not be eligible to take this part if they are unsuccessful at the theory test).
Otherwise, if any part of a fee is not used, a request may be submitted to use against payment for another applicant or for a refund. A refund is not guaranteed and is considered on a case-by-case basis. If granted, an administration fee will incur.
Complete the below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund of unused fees.
- Applicant's name
- Applicant's RCSI number (eight-digit) or applicant's NMBI number (six-digit)
- Briefly describe why the fees paid were not used
- Do you wish for the unused fee to be used as credit for another applicant or rebated?
- Submitted by (name):
- Mobile number:
- Submitted on (date):