How much to pay
The total fee depends on the payment source. Carefully consider the below in order to determine the correct amount:
- If fee is paid by applicant who has a prospective employer who will not reimburse the applicant upon registration with the NMBI: €2,800
- If the prospective employer is not entitled to a discount: €2,800
- If the applicant is self-sponsor with no prospective employer: €2,800
- If fee is paid by a prospective employer who is entitled to a discount: €2,500
- If fee is paid by applicant but has a prospective employer who is entitled to a discount and will reimburse the applicant upon registration with the NMBI: €2,500
The discount is only applicable at the point of application and will not be given retrospectively. Contact your prospective employer regarding the relevant amount.
Prospective employers entitled to a discount include:
- RCSI Hospital
- Nursing Homes Ireland (NHI) affiliated member
- Tara Winthrop Private Clinic
- SIMON Community
Please note: You must allow for any transaction charges if applicable.
Proof of payment
The proof of payment must be an official bank receipt and must contain the following as a minimum:
- Name and address of bank/logo.
- Bank number of transfer.
- Amount paid (in euro).
- The account number from where the money is being transferred i.e. your account or employer's account and RCSI account number into which the money is being transferred.
- NMBI (six-digit) or RCSI (eight-digit) reference number of applicant.
The following must be handwritten on the bottom of the proof of payment:
- Name of applicant
- Name and address of employer or state 'self-sponsor' if you (the applicant) are paying the fee
Your application will not be processed and will be returned until the details above are attached.
An invoice will not be issued. A receipt of the proof of payment will form part of your invitation email. If the fee was paid by someone other than you the applicant, then you must forward the invitation email to them. No other receipt will be automatically issued.
If you have any queries about payment, please contact Pamela Peppard, Faculty Administrator.
There is no automatic refund of unused fees, except where an applicant is unsuccessful at the second attempt at the theory test, in which case the portion of the fee for the practical test will be refunded (as such an applicant would not be eligible to take this part if they are unsuccessful at the theory test).
Otherwise, if any part of a fee is not used, a request may be submitted to use against payment for another applicant or for a refund. A refund is not guaranteed and is considered on a case-by-case basis. If granted, an administration fee will incur.
Complete the below and email to email@example.com to request a refund of unused fees.
- Applicant's name
- Applicant's RCSI number (eight-digit) or applicant's NMBI number (six-digit)
- Briefly describe why the fees paid were not used
- Do you wish for the unused fee to be used as credit for another applicant or rebated?
- Submitted by (name):
- Mobile number:
- Submitted on (date):