Heritage Collections – conditions of access and use
The RCSI Heritage Collections mission is to collect, catalogue, preserve and make available to researchers the wealth of knowledge held within the Heritage Collections of RCSI.
In order to do so our researchers must adhere to the following Widdess Reading Room guidelines:
- Appointments must be confirmed by staff prior to visit.
- No food or liquids are permitted under any circumstances.
- Pencil, paper and personal electronic devices can be used in the Reading Room. No other writing materials are permitted.
- Photocopying of certain material may be permitted and must be carried out by Heritage Collections staff only.
- The use of photographic equipment without flash is permitted under agreed and signed terms – please contact the archivist for imaging agreement forms.
- High-quality reproductions of digitised material may be purchased from the Heritage Collections for publication.
- Copyright protection must be adhered to – please refer to the Copyright and Related Rights Act 2000.
- Appropriate handling of the material is expected and will be demonstrated when necessary.
- Material must be returned to the Heritage Collections in the same condition and order it was issued.
- No items from the collections are to be removed from the Reading Room at any time.